Recently Mohawk Industries released the company’s 2018 Sustainability Report. The company’s commitment to sustainability continues to shape business decisions that positively affect the company, customers, employees, and communities. Mohawk Industries continues to focus on reducing its environmental footprint. In 2018, the company recycled 6.6 billion plastic bottles into yarn fiber, 136 million pounds of foam trim and yarn waste into carpet cushion, and close to 42 million pounds of rubber tires into welcome mats.
You can check out Mohawk’s 2018 Sustainability Report at MohawkSustainability.com.
Recently Milliken released its first-ever sustainability report, which provides transparency and detailed insight into the company’s global operations and products.
The material issues addressed in the report include: chemical and human health impacts, recycled content and ability to be recycled, resource consumption, and supply chain impacts of products.
Here are some key highlights from the report:
- Achieving zero waste to landfill goals for 22 years
- Reducing Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 17.5% and 6.4% respectively
- Reducing energy consumption by 13.6%
- Reducing water consumption by 35.7%
- Reducing waste generation by 11.2%
- Completing Declare transparency labels for Milliken PVC-free broadloom and modular carpet to now provide three third-party-verified environmental certifications/labels
- Supporting charities around the world with volunteer commitments and monetary and product donations
The Milliken Sustainability Report meets the requirements of LEED V.4 MRc3 credit and precedes advancements across multiple components of Milliken’s sustainability program.
Click here to see our collection of Milliken carpet.
Click here to see Milliken’s sustainability report.