EPIC is an engineered hardwood from Shaw that is a true breakthrough in hardwood manufacturing. This engineered hardwood is stylish and it has many great advantages. EPIC flooring is Eco-friendly, durable, and dimensionally stable. Also, this engineered hardwood uses 50% less newly harvested wood than conventional engineered flooring. In addition, Shaw’s EPIC engineered hardwood has a ScufResist Platinum finish.
Epic’s name stands for:
E – Environmentally Preferred
P – Peak Performance
I – Installation Advantages
C – Complete Product Offering
- Shaw’s EPIC hardwood uses 50% less newly harvested wood than conventional engineered flooring and it is made with EnviroCore. EnviroCore is a high-density core board, which is made from recycled post-industrial wood fiber.
- This engineered hardwood is made in the United States with wood harvested from well-managed domestic forests.
- Cradle to Cradle – Silver Certified
- Certified as an Environmentally Preferred Product
- Qualifies for LEED credits
- GREENGUARD certified, and it meets the GREENGUARD indoor air quality requirements
- EnviroCore’s recycled wood fibers are tightly compressed, which makes the EPIC products harder, denser, and they perform well.
- The Janka Hardness test proved that this flooring is harder than solid and engineered flooring products that feature softer core boards.
- The ScufResist Platinum finish helps the product resist wear and scuffing very well.
- The product’s density helps it stay more stable as the seasons change.
- This product can be installed on any level of a home, including the basement
- This product can be installed with any installation method
- The longer average board lengths give a premium visual and faster installation
Complete Product Offering
- Epic collections have great style, design, and gorgeous colors.
- This product is offered in a wide range of finishes, from traditional to rustic, and from smooth to distressed and hand-scraped.
- Epic is available in a variety of species and looks
- Widths available: 3 1/4″, 5″, and 6 3/8″
We have two EPIC engineered hardwoods available on our website: Colonial Oak 3.25″ and Colonial Oak 5″
Click here to see more Shaw hardwood products.