Karndean flooring is designed to be both durable and easy to maintain. All of the Karndean products are manufactured with an enhanced surface treatment called K Guard+. K Guard+ helps protect your flooring against everyday wear, scuffs, and spills. The K Guard+ surface treatment helps keep your floor looking great for years to come.
For everyday cleaning, you just need to sweep away any loose dirt and dust. After you’re done sweeping, then you can mop up the remaining dirt with the Karndean Clean solution. Every six months to a year, you can use the Karndean Refresh to improve the look of the flooring and help prevent damage.
Here are a few extra tips to help you keep your Karndean flooring clean:
- Mop up any spills as soon as you can to reduce any risk of staining.
- Avoid sliding or dragging furniture or heavy objects across the floor, and use felt protector pads on the bottom of furniture and chair legs to prevent scratching.
- Use entrance mats that are backed with natural latex.
- Use load bearing castors to protect the floor against indentation from heavy furniture.
- Avoid the use of bleach-based household cleaners because they can make the floor slippery or cause discoloration.